Friday, March 5, 2010

Spring!

Although we woke up to a blanket of white this morning, I know that Spring isn't too far away. I know, because there have been a few precious days in which the temperature has actually risen above 40 degrees. I know, because Jason started coaching with the arrival of baseball tryouts last week. I know, because I have friends who have flowers coming up in their gardens, and lastly, I know Spring is nearly here because it's definitely time for a Spring deep cleaning at my house... and in my vehicle!
And what is it about Spring that seems to lift my spirits so much? Perhaps it is knowing that the Spring Scrapbook retreat is not far away... Although this is the last one that Country Keepsakes is putting on (tear...sob...sniffle) we need to find another to attend. Our family tradition of getting all the sisters and our mom together for a girls day depends on it! What better way to spend the day than to sit and visit and chat, while busily making some of the cutest pages and projects ever??? (WE LOVE YOU, TAMMY!)
Perhaps Spring signals and end to the cold... That, I love.
Perhaps Spring means seeing the color GREEN again. Another love of mine.
Perhaps Spring means that I will be able to take a walk, go to the park with my kids, plant a garden, work in the yard, sit outside on my deck, plant flowers in my planters.
I'm not really sure what it is about spring I love the most. Is it the blossoms on the trees, or just the feeling in the air when everything is brand new.
Spring, for me, is a time to be grateful. To reconnect with others, to complete projects left undone, to become more organized, and to finally step foot out the door without 10 layers of clothing on. I LOVE SPRING!!!

4 comments:

grandma p said...

So nice to see your blog again Katy. I too love spring. There is so much that is beautiful and hopeful and lovely. The pictures are darling.

Holly said...

Sunshine, fresh air, flowers, birds singing...Spring is a wonderful season!

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Kaycee said...

Spring, spring! Almost Summer! I'm finally updating my blog and checking around for updates on everyone else! Someday I will finally join the Facebook revolution and catch up with the rest of the world. Enjoy the nice weather, clean house, and planting the garden! We love you!