Monday, August 3, 2009

Whew...

Where did the summer go? I nearly blinked and it was over. (I said nearly, because we've been so busy I haven't been able to close my eyes for very long at all! :) This summer has been a great one. McKaylyn and Maddi started the summer with Softball. We had practice after practice, and game after game. It was really fun to watch them play this year. They are both getting the hang of the rules in the game, and can now figure out what to do when the ball comes to them. They did a great job, and unlike last year, I didn't even snap any photos of Maddisen in the outfield digging in the dirt instead of paying attention to the game!
Jason and I planted our very first garden this year. We had no idea what we were doing, but it is doing really well, despite our incompetence! Next year we will need to mark exactly what we planted, and where... but we've had fun with our guessing games and bets before the food actually started to grow. We have a LOT of zucchini, and summer squash... so if you need some, just holler! I have spent HOURS and HOURS weeding. I don't like playing in the dirt or being close to creepy crawly things, but slap a good pair of gardening gloves on me, and my hamstrings are begging for mercy! (Really!)
We also had the girls in swimming lessons, and piano lessons. They do well in both. We recently changed piano teachers, and the girls seem to enjoy their lessons and practicing! I am still teaching guitar lessons, though during the summer, the # of students drops off a bit. I enjoy it, and find that more than anything, it forces me to take the time to practice and play myself. It's been good for me. 
We have been to family weddings, funerals, reunions, get-togethers, celebrations, and more. I have loved being more connected with my family. (Much more convenient now that Mom lives next door...) We love having her here. The kids and I look forward to the weekends.
If we weren't at family functions, we tried to be camping. We LIVE for the mountains in the summer. Jason and I were just trying to figure out how many more times we could go before school begins. I'm sure we'll be up there a little with the hunts this year, too. (If anyone knows how I keep drawing out tags when I haven't even put in for them, could you let me know?)  For my husband, applying for hunting tags comes as naturally as breathing...)
Delaney and Landry are DARLING. They have been so good while we have been running around all summer. Landry could live outside. He loves anything dirty, anything noisy, or anything that moves. What a boy. Lately he has discovered that he loves his Dad, and not just his mom. Right now I can hear them playing hide and seek with big man chuckles and little man giggles. How fun it has been to have our sweet boy. Delaney is all geared up to go to Preschool at Miss Alice's. She knows how to sing her ABC's, and loves to color and dress up and play pretend. April & May found her hiding from all the bugs. It was all I could do to convince her to come outside and play with us. But Jason promised that he would "toughen her up," and now if she sees a bug she steps on it, and when she sees a bee, she doesn't scream. Quite the progress for such a little Princess and the Pea.
Life is going really well. I am in love with my sweet husband, I adore our fun children, and I really feel grateful for all the blessings that I enjoy every day! Now if we can just remember how to settle back into routines and schedules when school starts...

5 comments:

Holly said...

Thanks for the update! It sounds like you have had a wonderful summer :)

Rhett and Tiffanie Jackson said...

yay! so glad your back and have a wonderful and productive summer! :) I miss visiting with you! you really need to come scrap with us one of these days!

Stu and Kaycee Fillmore said...

The summer really did pass us all by. I loved looking at the picts of your cruise! It looks so pretty there! Yay for school starting, and getting into routines. It will be nice to settle in and get organized again. I loved your garden when we were up there! Nice work!

Chad and Sheena Christensen and Family said...

what's up sexy lady, I finally found your blog because I'm awwwsome. I will try to keep Harper little but she is 16 pounds already and 26 in long I know holy crap. It was great getting to know you better this summer hope to see you and your cute little family sooooon. Love the Christensen's

Hilorie said...

Summer really does go by too fast! I can't believe we are back in school already! We are planning to come your way on Sunday Sept.27th.Maybe we could come over and visit you then? Let me know.. love, Hilorie