Saturday, January 10, 2009

Celebrate Life 365!

So... for those who know me, you may remember that I am a scrap-a-holic. The problem lately, is that I have been sober. Completely and seriously rehabbed. So the scrapbooking addiction lives on in my heart and mind, but has not been able to translate into real pages or projects for quite a while now. I can blame it on my 4 kids, or my constant need to clean up the house so I'm not embarrassed if someone drops by, or my lack of creative juices due to months and months and MONTHS of not sleeping at night. But regardless of the reasons, I really miss it. SO... I have been lurking scrapbooking blogs. I find darling layouts, look at the things others have been doing, and fulfill my scrapping desires through others. Geekish, I know. Anyhow, there is a point to this confession! I found the best idea on a scrapping website that gave me the inspiration to fall off the wagon and get it all going again! The idea they had was to take one picture every day about the simple, daily routines or the ordinary every day stuff that we forget to mention or take note of usually. Then you mount the picture on an index card or recipe card and write your thoughts about the picture, or why you choose to take a snapshot of that particular thing, on the back of the card. Easy, right? Then, at the end of the year, you have a recipe box full of random pictures of your daily life that help you celebrate the little things that are all around you. I am a little late, since it is already the 10th of January, but I am so going to do this! It's fast, easy, and makes you stop and take time to document the great, simple, and normally over-looked things in your life. I need this. I want this. I love my life. I love my kids! I love our routines! I really should take the time NOW to record and document the things that we do. It's why I love scrapping. I want to have all these memories to cherish and remember when the kids are grown, the house is quiet, and the messes are finally clean. These are the best days of my life so far! I think you all should do this, too! There's nothing better than to see the blessings, humor, fun, struggles, reality, and the love that each day affords us. Here's a link to the article I read, and it has a few ideas and examples of what someone else has done, if you're interested! www.creatingkeepsakes.com/content/view/20171

4 comments:

Sarah Ball said...

I LOVE it! what a great idea. I need to do something. I miss scrapbooking and yet I still don't make time to do it. what is up with that!? anyway can't wait to get together soon!

Rhett and Tiffanie Jackson said...

believe me...I think it may have something to do with the house full!! I feel the same way - plus I had scrapbook over load with holiday projects....in my mind i say...if i can just have 1 day!!! to play!!! but so far can't seem to find that day...I will soon though I have some super cute layouts I want to have ready for club....I let you know...hopefully we can be recharged come spring...lol....love the idea!!! I have TONS of paper already cut 6x6...but then I have to take like 8 pictures a day to include the 4 kids ...ect.ect...I know I am making this to hard...that is my prob...lol!

Krisell said...

I Love It TOO, Katy! What a great easy way to keep track of our busy hectic lives!! I really like it, cause even though I work through out the day, I can still do this in the mornings, and when I get home!!
Thanks so much for the ideas and website! Your family is so cute!!! Getting to big!

Stu and Kaycee Fillmore said...

That is a great idea!