Sunday, September 20, 2009

Sometimes.... and always

I know that I already have kids. Four of the sweet little things. So why is it that sometimes I wonder if I am ready to be a mom?  I see these 4 sets of beautiful little eyes looking to me for guidance, and instruction, and I wonder if I am really up to the task of preparing my kids for this world. Sometimes I catch myself wishing the house were actually quiet, or not so chaotic, or at least picked up. Sometimes I wonder if the day will ever end, and if I will have the patience to make it through the bed time routine. Sometimes I don't. Sometimes I do. Sometimes I go for a nice walk, and clear my head. Sometimes I turn on my i-pod as loud as I can handle to drown out the noise of arguing kids. Sometimes I wonder if my wardrobe should actually resemble a referee's black and white stripes, including, of course, the whistle. Sometimes I sit on the computer, checking my friends and families blogs, purposely zoning out for a while. Then, I come across my friend, Tara's blog (moglefamily.blogspot.com) with a post labeled "Today." And I stop dead in my tracks. I stop feeling so dang sorry for myself.
 So, Thanks, Tara, for reminding me that the sounds that come with having kids should always sound like music to me. That I need to remember to look at the big picture, and always see my children for the precious little spirits that they are, and remember that I have been put in their charge by someone who thought I would be up to the task. I need to remember to always ask for help and pray for the right ways to help and teach them. I need to remember that although they are with me today, they won't be always. Thanks for reminding me that I always need to be their beacon of light when things are dark, and their soft place to fall. I need to be kind, and gentle, and humble, and always express my love for them. That I need to cherish them. Not sometimes, but Always. It's a blessing to be their mother.

2 comments:

Rhett and Tiffanie Jackson said...

beautiful!

Utahna said...

Katy, That was very sweet. Your kids will love to read that in the years to come. They are lucky to have such a thoughtful Mother.