Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Getting in the spirit of the season

I just got these pictures of the kids back last week... they will be used on my christmas cards this year. I think it is so fun to get everyone dressed up and pray that they are all happy and awake when the time comes for pictures! I feel like I am just scrambling this year to get everything done for Christmas that I need to. It is so hectic and chaotic during this month for us. but all the running is worth it. we get to go to family christmas parties and connect with family members that we rarely get to see, go to the ward party that is always so fun for the kids. We get to take the kids to see Santa and watch their eyes light up when he says that he has exactly what they are wanting. We get to use Santa as leverage in order to get our kids to behave and do their chores! Jason and I get to have some rare time together while we do our christmas shopping. The season is here, and this year, I am just so grateful that we are in the position that we are in. Jason has more work than he knows what to do with, we are all healthy, happy, and warm. We have plenty of food and coats and gloves,a roof over our heads, and most of all, plenty of love in our home. My kids have a great dad, who would sacrifice anything to make sure they have a happy childhood and life. I am so blessed. So... bring on the crazy! I can't complain about one thing. And, to all our friends and family members that make our life so fun and memorable, we wish you all the happiest of holidays, too!

7 comments:

Petersen Family said...

Yuo are so cute! I absolutely love the pictures too.

Holly said...

The pictures are wonderful! This is by far my favorite season. I love the hustle and bustle, the kind thoughts, warm fire, and the SNOW! I love it! Remember playing in the snow on Cedar Mtn?

Bryce and Candice Blood Family said...

You have beautiful children and I am so impressed you caught such cute pictures of them all. Merry Christmas to you my dear!

Stu and Kaycee Fillmore said...

Merry Christmas! I love the pictures and grateful thoughts. Why can't this season last longer...

Sarah Ball said...

I love those pics, so adorable! I had a great time visiting with you too. What dates is the scrapbook thing... and where do I need to call? I would love to go just not really a great time of year to spend that kind of money for a scrapbook thing. we will have to see if Dev goes for it =) hehe If I don't make it this year I am going to start coming for sure next year to both. I love stuff like that! I'm so glad you guys have a blog!

Nona said...

Katy Your blog is soo cute. Way to go. I love all the pictures.

The Eyre's said...

Hey Katie! Glad you joined the blog world. It's kind of nice to be able to keep in touch with friends and family this way. Hope you had a great Christmas. The pictures of your kids are so beautiful.