Monday, December 29, 2008

My BIG Boy!


Landry will be turning 8 months old next week! I can not believe he is growing so fast. He is full of personality, and he loves his mama. He is learning new things every day, and I am having a hard time documenting it all on film! He loves to clap when we say, "Yeah, Landry!" He gives high fives, he gives the BEST slobbery, open-mouthed kisses, and loves to Bonk heads with his dad.


He has 4 teeth... The top two have just broken through this last week. I'm not sure if teething is the reason, but this boy always has his tongue hanging out. It's pretty funny! He laughs when we stick our tongues out at him.


I added this picture just because he has the most delightful smile. 


Recently, Landry has learned how to scoot on the floor. As of the last couple of days, he has learned how to scoot forward. But before then, he could only maneuver himself backward, which presented a few problems: First, he'd constantly get stuck under the living room couches, and couldn't move forward to pull himself out. Second, he can't see what is behind him, only what is in front of him, and he couldn't manage getting to those things. But, being the smart boy that he is, he devised a plan to be able to see what was behind him. I got this shot of him up on his hands and tip-toes. Once he's up, he opens his feet, puts his head on the ground and peeks through his legs to see what is behind him! Then he gets back down on his belly, and scoots himself backwards until he finds what he saw through his legs! What a cutie- pie!


My girls seriously eat Landry up! He is definitely not lacking any attention at this house full of women! McKaylyn is the best helper with him. She knows how to make his bottles, has rocked him to sleep a couple of times, asks occasionally, if she can change his diaper, and loves to sit on the floor and play with him. when he cries, she is the first to go and see what he needs. She adores him... and I just have a feeling that he feels the same toward her.

7 comments:

Rhett and Tiffanie Jackson said...

What a sweet post! They grow so stinkin' fast...my baby will soon be 4 :(

I love his smile! Stinkin' cute!

Holly said...

He is so dang cute! I love that he has figured out how to peek behind himself to see what he can get to! It is so much fun watching the creative problem solving :)

Anonymous said...

So cute!! I can't believe he is doing all that fun stuff. I am glad Corwin isn't that mobile yet! Landry looks well loved!!!

Petersen Family said...

He is so cute! I can't believe how big he's gotten. Little boys are so fun!

Bryce and Candice Blood Family said...

I don't think delightful is adequate. Seriously, that smile is so...sooo...see, no words. Love it! I love all his facial expressions, you are in serious trouble, there is some real personality brewing in your big boy!

We made it! We are in Price tonight after a long day of driving, rushed unloading, and freezing our butts off. Another trip tomorrow and we stay there this time. Crazy! Glad you all had a fun Christmas, who wouldn't with your cute family?

Mellissa said...

What a doll! I do love the tongue hanging out like he's so cool. I'm glad you have a good helper with him with your girl. I don't know what I would have done without Melanie!

Krisell said...

Hey Katy!! Your little guy is so dang cute!! He looks a lot like Jason! Its funny how we live pretty much in the same town, but I hardly see you guys. We need to get together!! Well, I just started this blogging stuff. Not to good at it though!!
You look really good too!! How you getting so skinny? I feel like I have gained 50 pounds this holiday. Oh well!! Hope you have a Great New Year!!